The 2nd Annual Wisconsin Sijo Competition (2022)
Deadline: January 17, 2022 (11.59pm CST)
The Center for East Asian Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
and the Sejong Cultural Society are delighted to announce the
introduction of a new sijo competition.
This competition is only open to residents of Wisconsin.
- Adult (age 19 and older)
- Senior (ages 14-18)
- Junior (age 13 and younger)
- Contestants must be legal residents of Wisconsin. Those temporarily residing out of state (e.g., military members or college students) are allowed to participate.
- Contestants must participate in the division appropriate for their age. Younger contestants may not apply to a higher division.
- One sijo per contestant is permitted.
- All entries must be written in English. If Korean or another language is included, the entry will be judged on its English content alone.
- A title for the sijo is not required.
- Entries must be submitted using our application form (above). Entries submitted via email will not be accepted.
- The Center for East Asian Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the Sejong Cultural Society reserve the right to reprint any entry submitted to the Wisconsin Sijo Competition in future publications.
- Adult division: Grand Prize ($400), two Runners-Up ($200 each)
- Senior division: Grand Prize ($300), two Runners-Up ($150 each)
- Junior division: Grand Prize ($200), two Runners-Up ($100 each)
- The judges may decline to award a prize.
Past Competition Results
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Wisconsin Sijo Competition is a collaborated between CEAS at Univeristy of Wisconsin-Madison and the Sejong Cultural Society.