The following folktales are not eligible for use in the Sejong Writing Competition this year.
- The Trial of Stone Statue
- The Winter Strawberries
- The Curse of Three-Year Hill
- The Green Frog
- Shimchong: the Blind Man's Daughter
- The Queen Swallow's Gift
- The Goblin's Club
- The Heavenly Maiden and the Woodcutter
- The Mud Snail Bride
- The Snake and the Boar
- Princess Pari, the Cast-off Daughter
- The Tiger and the Cloudburst
- The Silkworm
- Congjui Potjui: Korean Cinderella
- The Golden Ax and Silver Ax
- The Rabbit's Liver
- The Three Gifts
- The Tiger and the Persimmon
- The Three Questions
Heinz Insu Fenkl. "Korean Folk Tales: in the old, old days, when tigers smoked tobacco pipes". Bo-Leaf Books, 2008.
reproduced courtesy of Heinz Insu Fenkl and Bo-Leaf Books
Dongwol Kim Roberson. https://koreanfolktales.com. Accessed September 2018.
reproduced courtesy of Dongwol Kim Roberson. Books available for purchase on Amazon.
Suzanne Crowder Han. "Korean Folk & Fairy Tales". Hollym, 1991.
reproduced courtesy of Suzanne Crowder Han and Hollym International Corp